1 can or package of corned beef (including brine, bay leaves, and peppercorns)
1 inch of water
1 dessert spoon of pickled water
2 desert spoons of olive oil
Pinch of paprika
Dash of tobacco sauce
1. Open the can or package of corned beef and carefully pour all the contents, including the brine, bay leaves, and peppercorns, into a small pot.
2. Ensure that all the fluid from the packaging is added to the pot for maximum flavour.
3. Add 1 inch of water to the pot to create a flavourful cooking base.
4. Incorporate 1 dessert spoon of pickled water to enhance the tangy profile of the dish.
5. Pour in 2 dessert spoons of olive oil to add richness and depth to the simmering corned beef.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of paprika into the pot for a subtle smokiness and a burst of colour.
7. Add a dash of tobacco sauce to introduce a hint of heat and complexity to the dish.
8. Mix the ingredients gently in the pot to ensure even distribution of flavours.
9. Place the pot on the stove and cook on low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's crucial to maintain a low to medium heat to allow the corned beef to simmer and not boil for optimal results.
10. Occasionally check and stir the mixture during the cooking process to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
11. Once done, serve the simmered corned beef hot, and enjoy the delightful blend of flavours and tender textures.
Note: Adjust the cooking time based on your preference for the desired level of tenderness. Feel free to pair this dish with your favourite side dishes for a complete and satisfying meal.