INGREDIENTS1 x L.A. FARMS Wagyu beef short ribs
For the Sichuan dry rub:
3 tablespoons sichuan peppercorns
1 teaspoon five spice powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1.25 tablespoons kosher salt
- Heat a grill for medium heat two zone grilling. So, you should have the coals to one side, and the hot side should be around 180-200c.
- Prepare the dry rub:
- Toast the peppercorns in a dry skillet over low heat until fragrant, swirling them in the pan to keep from burning (about 2 minutes).
- Allow the peppercorns to cool slightly, then add to a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, along with the five spice, garlic powder and salt. Blitz or crush until a fine powder has formed.
- To cook the meat:
- Prepare the short ribs for grilling by patting with a paper towel, then slathering on dry rub, and rubbing in well on all sides of the meat.
- Place the meat onto the hot side of the grill, and grill 3-4 minutes per side to sear, being cautious not to burn the dry rubbed spice. Once you have seared the meat, move it to the cool side of the grill, so it can finish cooking without the spices burning. Continue to cook until the ribs reach an internal temperature of 60c.
- Remove ribs from heat once at temperature, and place on a board. Cover loosely with foil, and rest for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve.